Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Pooh











My beautiful daughter, Ashleigh Denise. She has the soul of a gypsy flower child and the mind of Albert Einstein. I appreciate and am amazed by both parts of her. This girl is absolutely likely to do exactly opposite of what anyone else on the planet would do in any situation. I admire her fearlessness.

We've always referred to Ashleigh as the Pied Piper of our little family. Children and animals flock to her. As she has gotten older that effect seems to have carried over with adults as well. I think people can sense that sweet soul. Ashleigh is one of those rare people that sees people as a blank piece of paper and forms absolutely no judgements until after she gets to know them.

Ashleigh seems to be one of those people that can't be bothered by things that most of us are bothered by. I could learn a lesson or two from her when it comes to that. :) I would like for her to be more like me I think. I'm glad though that she is not. I'm glad that Ashleigh is Ashleigh.

Yesterday in the middle of my nap I got a phone call from Ashleigh telling me that she had lost her wallet somewhere downtown. I wanted to scream and laugh all at the same time. Ashleigh's wallet stays lost. The new thing about this is she has stopped "losing" it in the house and started losing it out in public.

She refuses to carry a purse--I think more to irritate me than any other reason. She'll deny this though. :) So I guess this says alot about her hard head, which I know she gets from me and my side of the family. She can't help it, she comes from a very long line of hard headed people.

Whether she is losing a wallet, painting a picture worthy of a museum, making a meal that would make a chef envious, or discussing physics or calculus she is never ever dull to be around. I love you Pooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment